Kem's Kandy for the Weekends

via
I LURVE popcorn.  I mean, I love it so much, I could eat it every day.  There is nothing better than popcorn cooked via a big pot, hot oil and kernels of corn.  I grew up watching (or begging) my dad to make stove top popcorn, and have been a lover of it ever since.

Some people however, don't want to cook it on the stove, so here is a cute little idea.  simply put a handful of un-popped kernels in a brown paper bag and you can store them in the freezer. Tape them shut with masking tape and when you feel like having some popcorn, simply pull off the tape and set the bag inside the microwave for a minute and a half. If you want, then melt a little butter and pour it and a dash of kosher salt over the top. 

I also like to be adventurous with toppings.  Try a dash of cayenne pepper and some chilli powder for a spicy kick.  Or sprinkle your popcorn with Parmesan cheese (the powder kind) and some oregano.  If you have a sweet tooth, you can even toss popcorn with a blend of cinnamon and extra fine sugar.  

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I will be spending a part of mine in Atlanta for a conference and then at a car show and a wedding.  Do you have any big October plans?

Stay Sweet, 
Kem

4 comments:

  1. ohhh this made me crave popcorn! definitely making some when i get off work tonight!! have fun in ATL! such a fun city :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok now i want some popcorn :)

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You HAVE to try caramel corn. We have a popcorn popper but you can make yours on the stove, and then melt some butter (like, 1/4 cup) in a pan and add about 1/4 cup brown sugar. It will turn into caramel and once it forms, pour it all over the popcorn before it hardens. Seriously, it's the best thing EVER!

    ReplyDelete