Kem's Kandy for the Weekend

Since the holidays are creeping up on us, I thought I might start thinking about Holiday Travel.  Now, I don't have to travel far, like flying on an airplane, but I do have to pack luggage when visiting my family in Southwestern Missouri.

I always thought it would be so glamourous to fly "home" for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  You know what I'm talking about, those holiday movies, where the cute little couple flies into town to see the awaiting family.  They always arrive right when the large family is sitting down for the meal.  There are hugs, and kisses, and excitement exchanged.

I know that flying during the holidays is not that glamourous.  There is delays, cancelled flights, and lost luggage that replaces all the scenic memories portrayed to us through movies.

I do, however, think that there are little things that you can start putting together to make your traveling a little easier!  So here is my kandy for the weekend:

First, get some good, really good luggage.  I recommend hard cased luggage is a bright cheery color or fun pattern.  The reason for a hard case is because how many times have you had the airlines totally chew up your beautiful piece just by running it through security.



Second, get a lovely weekender bag for carry on.  Something that abides by airline security, but something that is roomy enough to hold a change of clothes, makeup, and essentials.  Seems crazy but, seriously, if there is a chance your luggage could get lost, which there always is, at least you have pi's and fresh clothes until you can get to the store.

via

Third, do not pack tiny bottles of your toiletries.  Save yourself the trouble of possibly getting flagged at check in.  Make a list of all your needs (shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, contact solution, toothpaste, etc) and purchase the travel size them when you get to your travel destination.  Use them while you are on vacation, then toss before you leave.  Target has a really great section of travel sized products.  Check out their selection.

Fourth, Pre wrap and mail any of your gifts.  Trust me.  It is cheaper and less worry to know your gifts get there, and don't get lost in baggage claims.

Five, Pack your own personal adult fun pack.  I always make sure I have magazines (make sure you don't read ANYTHING the month you are leaving, save it for the plane!), iPod, kindle loaded with books, neck pillow, sweater (even if it is not cold where you are leaving from), sunglasses, and plenty of water!

I hope this helps get your travel plans in order.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in dire need of getting some new luggage & a weekender bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete