Vintage Inspirations~ Let's bring back!

Thanks to my dear friend, Megan, I am now keeping a pretty eye open for brooches.  I remember my mother and grandmother having these special "pins" that they would wear but really I paid no attention to them.  That is, until my friend, Megan, decided to make a brooch bouquet for her upcoming nuptials.  We really have no idea how to do this, but from my several years experience in floral design
via
The thing that brooches really make me excited about is you can wear them during any season, and you can use them to turn are rather boring, drab outfit into to something extraordinary.  Brooches can be an heirloom that is passed down through generations, or perhaps they can be a tradition that you start yourself by finding a gorgeous piece at an estate sale.  Either way, I wished they would come back, or maybe I wished they wouldn't so that I may get a better selection to choose from!

What is an item that you would like to come back into fashion, or at least replace all the sad excuses for fashion these days?

Stay Sweet,
Kem

3 comments:

  1. This is so great. I've had phases with brooches and I love wearing them. I actually have a Tara brooch as part of my half sleeve tattoo- because my name is Tara and that brooch was worn by royalty in Ireland! My favorite brooch I own is of course my Tara brooch, which I wore every time I use to compete when I did Irish step dancing. I love this post so much and I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tara thank you so much! My husband and I, along with some friends are planning a trip to Ireland. its going to be in early 2013, so I have some time, but I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete