Vintage Inspirations~ Let's bring back!

via
Wardian Cases aka Terrariums

I remember making these when I was younger.  They were probably made with a mason jar or a soda bottle, nothing fancy, but definitely something to keep me entertained. 

"It's a great shame that whimsical Wardian cases are rarely found in our homes today.  My grandparents had fauna filled ones, and as a little girl I peered into it for hours, probably looking for fairies or some such.  Glass Wardian cases were extremely popular in upscale Victorian homes: filled with prized ferns, orchids and other flowers, the pretty miniature greenhouses sat proudly on table or on elaborate wrought stands."  ~ "Let's Bring Back" M. Blume

via
Stay Sweet,
Kem

5 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I really like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so cute! Great to liven up your living room :)
    http://hundreds-n-thousands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove terrariums... I've been thinking about putting my own together for a long time! -- Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am here to show some comment love!!!! love the terrariums. I remember my mom having one! Have a lovely rest of the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My! these are awesome!! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete