Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!


Samantha (Betty Rage) Piccolo //  Facebook //  Model Mayhem

Age:  20 (I turn 21 on 9/16)

Occupation:  Assistant Store Manager at Caribou Coffee Lake Forest (opening soon!) 
Wanna be Roller Girl also, that's an occupation right? Feels like it, haha.

Where are you from:  Lansdale, PA but my fathers family is from Pittsburgh and I spent every summer out there so I consider myself from there also. If I was able to I would move out there in a heartbeat (I miss the mountains). I'm also a huge Pittsburgh sports fan, this year Steelers! Bring on the 7th ring!


Favorite photographer to work with:  I'm just getting started but my favorite so far would have to be River from River Walk Pin Up. He is very passionate about his work and loves pin up as much as I do!
Featured photo(s):
The first photo was from my first ever shoot when I was 18.
The second was at a car show. I was a promotional model for a photographer that was branching out into pin up.
The third and forth are from a recent car calender shoot for a cobra car club in north Chicago.


Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s)
1: Robert A. Photography outside of a warehouse in Racine, Wi2: Marnie Bigelow at the Kenosha, Wi car show
3 & 4: River Walk Photography at the Chicago Cobra Car Club garage

Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?
1: This one was taken with a 1950s Cadillac! This is one of my favorite cars and thus one of my favorite pics! It was my first ever shoot and it was such a blast and the reason I continued modeling. I love pin up with girls smiling at the camera as much as the next person but I love smoldering looks even more. 
2: The owner of this car was the ONLY gentleman that let me sit in his car at the show. He asked me if I could do that for him and I jumped at the chance. This was taken last spring (2010)
3: This was my first swimsuit photo shoot. I bought the suite specially for the occasion but I love it so much that I wore it all summer to the beach and as a halter top with a pair of high waisted shorts. Everyone says this photo doesn't look like me but I still love the pose I achieved.
4: We also did a casual wear segment with different cobras. The owner was watching me like a hawk to make sure I didn't scratch his baby!

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?
I started pin up modeling when I was 18 and was addicted from then on. It was my senior year and what a misrable year it was. I was by no means popular and constantly teased. I had a few close friends that kept me sain but pin up made me feel beautiful and powerful.


Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
Bettie Page was the women that brought pin up to my attention. Masumi Max showed me how to exude sexyness by a simple smerk and Dita Von Teese taught me about being a beautiful women inside and out. These are very cliche women to idolize but I consider myself a walking cliche so it makes sense to me.

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?
I've never been much into designers, if I like it, I buy it. I do have a sad addiction to Doony and Bourke purses but my collection is very small (two) and I am keeping an eye out for preowned vintage bags. I've never felt a commitment to one specific clothing designer, I find many pretty but usually the price tag snaps me out of the urge. I buy on a budget so a lot of my pin up closet is from the sale rack or vintage stores. Most of the time I shop at Forever 21 and H&M because they are local, conveniently priced, and if you search hard enough you can always find vintage inspired items that you can wear every day. I do love Pin Up Girl Clothing. They are always getting in new items each season and the sale items are usually still good quality. I do prefer vintage items in general also. They have that soft warn look that you want in these photos. I do however buy ALL of my vintage lingerie (garters, thigh highs, etc) from Dollhouse Bettie. They have a large assortment of new and vintage items and at a very reasonable price.

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?

To be completely honest I'm not that sure. I look at a lot of photos of pin up and I know what is good and what is bad but I couldn't give you a name of the photographer. Names do not stick for me. Right now my goal is to work with as many photographers as I can and maybe get published one day!

Stay Sweet,
Kem

2 comments:

  1. I love that you do this.. pinups rock.. love these pics.

    ReplyDelete