Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!

 

Age: 36

Occupation: I am self employed at J. A. Hellz Kittehn. I model and design clothes and hair accessories. It's in the early stages, but I'm determined to grow my business!
Where are you from: Rockford, IL

Favorite photographer to work with:
Yowza! I have to say I have adored all the photographers I've worked with! My latest shoot was with Tiffany Krey. She is great to work with and I cannot wait to see the final outcome of our shoot. I was a Pin-up rock star and the antithesis to her housewife and 50s glam shoot! Jeremy Akerman has taken some amazing photos of me with his Droid! Rob Tolzein of RTphotowerks took my first professional pin-up shoot! I'm honored to call him a friend and we are planning another shoot soon!

Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s) The first picture is a self portrait that I took . Before I could find a photographer, I took many self portraits. It's what made me determined to enter the modeling world. I took it in my bedroom using my cell phone! The next two photos were taken by my boyfriend/manager, Jeremy Akerman. The last two photos are from my first professional pin-up shoot with Rob Tolzein-RTphotowerks. They were taken at Stellar Models, Inc.


Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite? My first photo is one of my favorite self portraits. I love experimenting with new angles, lighting and hairstyles. I especially love this particular photo because I took it on a whim and it's not retouched. Jeremy Akerman took the next two photos of me using his Droid! I constantly practice my posing and test out new outfits with him. I love these 2 in particular because he brings out the sexy and goofy side of me. The final 2 photos are from my first professional pin-up shoot with Rob Tolzein of RTphotowers. They were taken at Stellar Models, Inc in Rockford, IL. I love that he let me experiment with different poses and expressions. He captured my love of cheesecake pin-up in Innocence and Film Noir. It was an amazing experience and I look forward to working with him again!
How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography? I did my first paid modeling job when I was 16. However, my love of all things artistic has been with me since early childhood. I've been modeling in some way, shape or form for most of my life. I find that being an older model plays to my advantage because I have life experience, which shines through in my photos.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? I adore Vargas and Elvgren gals! I'm fond of 50s glam and cheesecake models. I'm currently friends with some very lovely ladies and we support each other in this business. Bunny Moreno AKA PinupMama and Dahlia Derriere have been wonderful inspirations for me and are very supportive. I don't prescribe to one set rule of pin-up types. I love the diversity of the pin-up world!

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers? I guess this would be the part where I say me! Shameless self promotion alert! I don't own any designer clothing, but I admire Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Givenchy, Versace, Kate Spade, Sourpuss, Lucky 13, and too many more to list!
If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
I want to shoot with anyone who shares a passion for pin-up!

Stay Sweet,
Kem

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm honored to be featured on this wonderful blog!

    All the best,

    Hellz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos - great sense of fashion! I love the star stockings.

    ReplyDelete