Vintage Inspirations~ Let's bring back!

I already actively participate in this next tradition, however I wished it were more accustomed to in this country.  I am talking about Tea Time!



I am so much in love with tea.  I collect teapots, I love the idea of tea parties, and in fact, one of my arms is dedicated to my love of, well, tea. (and candy)  I love tea hot.  I love tea iced.  Steeped, brewed, or made by the sun, all loved equally.

To me, there is nothing more calming or relaxing then curling up with a cuppa tea, a good book, and Band of Horses.  Geez.  Just thinking about that, makes me breath slower.

When I was a young lady, I remember watching my mom fix a cup of hot tea.  Waiting for the tea kettle to heat.  Stirring in a mix of honey and milk.  Or if you had a sore throat, honey, lemon and milk.  It is sooo comforting to me.  Something that I treasure.  

"There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea." ~ Henry Jones, The Portrait of a Lady


Stay Sweet,
Kem

8 comments:

  1. I agree, I would love to have a tea party every day I would enjoy making tea cakes to go with it. In my house we go through about a pitcher of an ice tea a day, a bit to hot for hot tea but I drink a lot in the winter, sadly it lowers your iron which is really bad for my already very low iron but I just try to switch it up and drink different kinds, I got the Alice in Wonderland 18 different tea box, very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah.... I agree with you. A cup of tea is one of my favorite ways to unwind and relax. Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. tea pots are adorable! i also enjoy drinking tea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wiiiii! I love this! There's nothing like a cup of tea to relax, especially now when autumn comes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! Band of Horses good pick :)

    Green tea is my favorite, however there are so many different kinds to chose from. There is a tea for every mood. I do have quite the collection in my cupboard. Visiting from comment love day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wish Americans practiced tea time :) Stopping by from comment love day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squee! Tea post! my kinda post! -giggles-

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Remy, I am so glad you like tea too!

    ReplyDelete