Spotlight Interview ~ Pinup Pastries!

 I am so happy and proud to be featuring this adorable lady on my blog!  I have yet to meet her in person, but I know as soon as I do, I will love her.  And who can't love someone who bakes and has a sparkling personality like moi?

 Where are you from?
I was born and raised here in Kansas City. I escaped for awhile to go to school in Warrensburg, exciting I know, but I'm back and fortunately for all the cupcake lovers out there, I don't think I will be leaving KC any time soon!

How did you get your store started?
I've been baking since I was in high school. In fact, my nickname was "soccer mom". I toted my younger friends (or broke friends with no car) back and forth to school. And I was in theatre and debate, and I would always show up with cookies or brownies for everyone. So the whole baking thing just stuck with me. But then came college and marriage and babies. And I still always baked but had put my dreams of my own business on the back burner. Anyway, I was working as an assistant manager at a local drug store and I got robbed! Luckily, all the guy got was mine and my co-worker's purse but that was enough to make me quit. Quitting gave me the kick in the ass I needed to get things started! And within a month after quitting I had the business up and running! I've been open less than a year and business is really growing! I am so lucky to have the power of social media behind me! I get tons of business from my followers on twitter and fans on Facebook.

What inspires you?
I would love to have something inspirational and/or witty to say here but I don't. Hard work inspires me. Seeing grass root campaigns that get shit done. That inspires me.

How long have you been open and what is some of your favorite items?

We officially started the beginning of this year! So we are babies! Oh, and I refer to the business as "we" a lot. But there isn't anyone else, just me.Some of my favorites are my Top Shelf cupcakes...I like to drink to cocktails and eat sweets, so why not combine them!?!?  I have been featured on the What You're Missing KC blog for my Margaritaville cupcake. It's baked with Patron, glazed with Patron and iced with Patron....hungry yet?


What celebrity would you most like to eat your items? Um David Bowie, that may only because I would put Roofies in his cupcakes and then do bad things to him....just kidding, maybe....any celebrity would be great!

If you had to use only one word to describe yourself, what would it be?

awesome (that also happens to be my favorite word, I am pretty sure most of my friends/family members get sick of it)

What is your biggest pet peeve?

listening to people chew! ugh! so gross.

What are your favorite websites?
Let's see... I'm a social media junkie so of course Twitter and Facebook, but I love  www.gearsandgals.com  (good friend Steve Giangreco owns the magazine and he is responsible for my amazing advertisements as well as some awesome pin-up pictures!) www.pinuplifestyle.com,
www.thecupcakeblog.com, http://cupcakestakethecake.blogspot.com. Lots of ideas (both professionally and personally) come from these sites!



What is your dream job?
I have my dream job....even if I became super famous, I don't think I'd ever be able to relinquish control over the day to day operations of the bakery!

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
I want to be a pin-up girl! Not like as a job, but I would love love love to be featured in a magazine or something! Especially since I want to represent the curvy kittens out there!



Stay Sweet,
Kem

3 comments:

  1. They look extremely delicious! and she's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing, mouth watering! Wish I could be there to try them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had these cupcakes a couple of times and they are amazing!! I even got to meet Stephanie once and she is as adorable in person as she looks!!

    ReplyDelete