Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!


Name // blog name//website:  Louise LeMans, The Diary of Louise LeMans

Age: 31

Occupation: graphic designer/consultant/recreational pinup model

Where are you from: Norman, Oklahoma by way of Prairie Village, Kansas

Favorite photographer to work with:  My husband, David Allison. We're inspired by a lot of the same things so working with him is a really intuitive process. Other than him, Shannon Brooke was the most fun and her work is brilliant.

Featured photo(s):  These are my favorites currently because I look like a more glamorous version of myself, the sets are great, and they explore themes that I like. I especially love the last one because it appeared on our wedding invitations! As a graphic designer I am keenly aware of the reliance on Photoshop by some photographers. I'd rather see modern pinup celebrate what's special about the beauty women already have...with the addition of false lashes of course! Yes, these photos are all digital and were edited, but I appreciate photographers who are artists behind the camera rather than relying on the computer!


Photo One
Photo by Roy Varga, September 2010. Hair by Vintage Flair; MUA by Nicky Callahan

Photo Two
Photo by David Allison. Myself with LaVon Mystere, October 2010. Hair and MUA our own.


Photo Three
Photo by Racheal Major of Atomic Photography, November 2010. My husband and myself.
Hair, myself; MUA, MAC



How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?  I've been modeling on and off since high school. I was the student manager of my high school darkroom, and my first camera was a Pentax K1000. I posed as a housewife for a project I did juxtaposing the glamour of the 1950's with the oppressiveness of women's traditional roles. It doesn't sound like fun, but it was! The rest has just kind of happened as a result of going to art school and having lots of friends who did too! Having a "look" has definitely worked to my advantage.

Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration? Everyone loves Betty Page, I love the gritty, fetishy Irving Klaw stuff, and the beachy Bunny Yeager stuff. I respect Dita because she created a persona and is a modern icon. I like a lot of women who weren't pinups per se, but glamorous, strong women. Barbara Stanwyck, Joan Collins, Natalie Wood, Katherine Hepburn. As far as modern gals, Sherilyn Fenn, Chandra North, and Karen Elson are fabulous. And in the pinup world I love Morgana, Bettina May, Fleur de Guerre, Mosh...I have eclectic taste!

What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?  Hmm...a gal's gotta have a few style secrets, but if you read my blog you can probably make some guesses. I will say that I had Monkey Wrench Clothing make me a custom corset that is exquisite and everyone should have one. I think knowing your body and what styles look good on it is more important than where you find your vintage-inspired goodies.

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
  Helmut Newton (RIP), Chas Ray Krider, and Ellen Von Unwerth

Stay Sweet,
Kem

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love pin ups :)

    are you a pin up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts. These women are quite an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete