Vintage Inspirations ~ Let's Bring Back

The inspiration for this installment comes from a book I just picked up, 'Let's Bring Back: An encyclopedia of Forgotten-Yet-Delightful, Chic, Useful, Curious and Otherwise Commendable Things from Times Gone By.'  Quite possibly the longest title ever, but quite possibly a new favorite of mine!





So, with this in mind, I decided it might be fun to talk about things I wished would fall back into fashion, or vintage ideas/items that I draw inspiration from.


Let's Bring Back Glass Soda Bottles
Soda bottles of proportional sizes.  Not super, extra, mega sized.  Not filled with High Fructose Corn Syrup.  Bottles that have to have a bottle opener to enjoy it.  Give me a soda machine filled with icy cold glass, that is gleam with persperation.  Give me a soda bottle that will cost me 50 cents to devour, and then give me a brillant reason to recycle it.  

One of my favorite, and first, memories of a glass soda machine is going with my father to building supply company where he bought lumber and such.  I don't remember the name of it, nor do I remember why I went with him there, but I do remember him letting me purchase a bottle of RC cola from a beautiful old machine.  I thought it was so neat that I got to open a little door and pull out the drink of my choice.  That is a good memory, and where my love for old soda machines started.  Let's bring back 6 or 8 oz glass bottles of soda.  Why did they ever leave in the first place?


Stay Sweet,
Kem

4 comments:

  1. Because sadly the cost molding plastic into a bottle is cheaper than glass :( we had a collection of glass bottles on our mantel we've picked up throughout the years! I completely agree I used to go get a coke bottle from Gloria Jeans and take it home and funnel the coke from the 2 liter into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin "Eclipse"June 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM

    Witty Conversation... that's something I miss :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those coca cola bottles. we used to give one to our customers in my old job while they shopped for shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss witty conversation too, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete