Nearly Famous ~ Pinup Wednesday!

This is my new feature for June! Nearly Famous.  I will be featuring up and coming Pinup Models.  If you are interested in being part of the feature please email me at Chroniclesfoasweettooth@gmail.com I would love to feature any and all women that are interested!

Meet Nearly Famous #1 Katie O!


Name/website:  Katie O  Brody's Bakery  Model Mayhem

Age: 26

Occupation:   I am the owner and lead baker for Brody's Bakery, an all vegan/gluten-free & organic bakery here in KC.


Where are you from:
I'm from Kansas City MO.


Favorite photographer to work with:  My favorite photographer to work with hands down is Nikki Moreno with Vixen Pinup Photography.

Featured photo(s):



Artist/Photographer/location of featured photo(s) 
Nikki Moreno with Vixen Pinup Photography MUA Candy Cunningham.



Tell me about your featured photo(s). When were they taken? Why are they your favorite?

The second one was only my second photo shoot ever and was taken during a photo shoot for Pinup Perfection Magazine. I love the image and the fact that I was able to work my food (those are my carrot cake bars!) and my love of baking into the photograph. The first picture is of me and a Missouri Pitbull Rescue dog (I volunteer for them) named Spartacus, and it was featured for the month of February in the 2010 Pinups for Pitbulls calendar. Both photos were taken by Nikki of Vixen with MUAH done by the fabulous Candypants Cunningham.

How long have you been modeling/enjoying photography?

I've been doing pinup modeling for about two years now, although I don't have time to do as many shoots as I would like to!
Who are your favorite Pinup Models? Past or present inspiration?
 While of course I absolutely love Bettie Paige and Marilyn, as far as "new school" pinup girls go, I'd have to say that I idolize Doris Mayday. I really prefer that classic retro look over a lot of the more alternative/psychobilly stuff. I also have a girl crush on Ludella Hahn and think that she's amazingly gorgeous and love her work. 


What is some of your favorite clothing lines? Favorite Designers?


I love to thrift store shop and try to find retro/vintage pieces that way, but I can't pass up a lot of the Pinup Girl Clothing dresses. They're beautifully made and the fit is always incredible. I can never find dresses anywhere else that fit me that well.

If you could shoot with any photographer, who would it be?
I'm sure this is the most stereotypical answer here, but it's true..I'd absolutely jump at the chance to be able to shoot with Roy Varga!

~Make sure to check out Brody's Bakery.  This is a nearly famous girl that you don't want to miss! ~
Stay Sweet,
Kem

1 comment:

  1. I think Pin ups are BEAUTIFUL!!! lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete