Spotlight Interview ~ Monkey Wrench Clothing

If you are looking for a custom corset, vintage inspired evening dress, or a cute swimsuit, Monkey Wrench Clothing is the thing to check out. 

If you are close to the KC area, stop in at Retro Vixen.  They carry a large assortment of the latest and greatest styles that Celine, from Monkey Wrench, is pumping out.

You can follow her on facebook, or her etsy store. Celine is always posting new styles and cute item on her facebook wall, so it is a great way to see new things that will be coming out!

Celine is super fun and can lace up a corset faster than anyone I have ever met!  She has quite an eye for style and you can always see the little vintage touches that she adds to all her designs!

Where are you from?
I am originally from San Angelo, Texas, although I have been in Kansas City now, for 33 years, and consider Kansas City to be my home.

How did you get your store/business started?
After raising four children, I was looking at going back into the job market. My kids pointed out all the times I had said "I can make that!", and all the school clothes, prom dresses and wedding dresses that I had made, and the idea of going into business for myself was born. Two of my daughters helped me get Monkey Wrench going, but have now gone on to other pursuits




What inspires you?
Beautiful things inspire me, regardless of genre! I love retro styles, as well as whimsical and fantasy type clothing. I have done Renaissance clothing, and am currently getting involved in making old Victorian style Steampunk clothing!

How long have you been open and what is some of your favorite items?
Monkey Wrench has been around for about 4 years

What celebrity would you most like to wear your items?
I don't care much for any celebrity. I think they are too full of themselves. At Monkey Wrench, our philosophy has always been 'Release your inner bombshell'. Every woman has an inner bombshell screaming to get out, and through the style of Monkey Wrench dresses and corsets, we embrace the curves that 'real women' have!

If you had to use only one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
If I had to describe myself using one word, it would be 'industrious'. I would say 'hard working' but that's two words.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Do not call me 'honey'!

What are your favorite websites?

Favorite web sites are probably Pandora, and You Tube

What is your dream job?
I'd say I am already doing my 'dream job'. The only way it could be better is if I lived above my own storefront, and could have my sewing area in the store itself.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?
 People would probably be surprised to know that I am NRA certified in pistol safety!

Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment