Spotlight Interview ~ Joy Joy Confections

Remember this little post?   Well the reveal is finally here!  I am soooo pleased to share with you all a little about my dear friend over at Joy Joy Confections.  You can also find her here on facebook.  

I skated with Ai in Roller Derby for quite some time and she is such a small package of amazement!  She has a totally sweet spirit and I was so thrilled to find out about her newest venture.

Where are you from?
Originally from Gifu, Japan. But I've spent half of my life in KC.

How did you get your store started?
I feel like I'm still starting it :) A hobby has taken over my life and I'm trying to see if I can make it work as a business.

What inspires you?

All things odd, creative and beautiful.

How long have you been open and what is some of your favorite items?

I registered my business about 6 mo. ago.  The flying pig has become sort of a signature shape for the candy business.

If you had to use only one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
Not one word, but I try to be a student of life and the world.
Creative nerd might be another.

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Rudeness

What are your favorite websites?

PBS.org
NPR.org


What is your dream job?
Candy Sculptor. I still consider myself a student.

What would people be surprised to learn about you?

I used to play Roller Derby. 

all photos courtesy of Lo and Behold Photography   

Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment