Shape up your Style I 3.0

With Step One, and Step Two already completed, we are now ready to formulate your new look. So far, we have purged and take stock of what was missing. Also, filled in the gaps with basic skin care, hair care, and personal care. Now it's time for the fun part! MAKEUP and some IDOL LOVE.

I decided to take a good hard look at some photos of celebrities, models, just general famous people of style, that I wanted to emulate. My Idols.  Most of these women happen to be gorgeous pinups. Vintage Ladies, if you will. Take a peek at my inspiration.
These woman all have beautiful skin and light eyeshadow, with a bold lip!  This is the direction I am going.

What is so great, is that you can pick anyone for inspiration.  Let's say that you love the simplistic look of the 70's.  Some great women to look to is Farrah Faucet, Karen Carpenter, or Bridget Bardot.  Maybe you are attracted to the 60's era, something along the lines of Mad Men.  Perhaps you are just attracted to a natural "beach" look.  Simply start looking at pictures from the era that you find  attracting.  Is it the simple hair styles and natural looking makeup?  Is that era know for super coiffed hair and structured dresses?

Step One: Research
  • Find some photos of some of your favorite people.  They can be famous or a home town celebrity :)  Use these images to gather information on what type of makeup you will need to get to help create this style.
  • You should make sure you are willing to adapt to this style, or then you are simply playing a character and not making it part of your own self.  I know I feel comfortable wear cat eyeliner, red lips, and victory rolls in my hair.  Do you feel comfortable doing that?  Whatever direction you choose to go, should be one that reflects your personality.  I am not saying you are never allowed to dress up your look once and a while, but in order to do something day in and day out, you should feel like you are stretching outside of your comfort zone.  If you are, I will tell you, you will be buying stuff you will never use and suddenly you are back to square one.
Step Two (the most fun): Shopping and Revamping
You should grab a girlfriend and take a trip to the local drugstore, Sephora, or MAC Counter.  Please keep in mind, if you are looking for specific things, you need to make a list to take with you.  The list should be comprised of:
  •  Shades of Lipstick/Lip gloss
  • Shades of Eye shadows
  • Eyeliner
  • Nail Polish (if wanted/needed)
  • Blush and/or Bronzer
If you know what you need to get before entering the makeup mecca, you can stay on budget and get everything to complete your look. The great thing about going to Sephora or MAC is that there are professionals there to help you try out new items and guide you in the right direction.  For spending $50 at MAC you can receive a Makeup Consultation to try out your new look.  Plus, it's kind of fun :)

I am going to list, from my inspiration board, items that I will be shopping for.  Some of these are definitely not necessary, but I feel like I need a little pick me up since I just purged by beloveds (makeup)
  • Kat Von D eye shadow palates (*cruelty free company)
  • Urban Decay Big Fatty Waterproof Mascara (*cruelty free company)
  • False eye lashes
  •  Ruby Woo Lipstick MAC
  • Russian Red Lipstick MAC
  • GaGa Viva Glam Lipstick and Lip glass MAC
  • Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeliner set (*cruelty free company)
  • Urban Decay Score Blush
  • Bare Minerals Warmth
I hope this installment of Shape up your Style has been helpful.  I would love to see any photos (before/after style, shopping experience, etc) that helped get you to where you want to be!


Don't forget to enter for the Impact Jewelry Giveaway!

Stay Sweet,
Kem

7 comments:

  1. Nars lipsticks are great and won't budge (even after several removals and replacements of mouth guards). Red Lizard is a great red, and their lipstick pencils are also great (try Cruella) - all mostly matte. If you're looking for a bright pink, try Schiap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! I love it and will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing idols, amazing looks and amazing tips! i'm a big fan of Kat Von D's line, as well as Tarte.... also, Benefit makes some really amazing products now too. and their packaging has lovely pinups to boot!PS victory rolls make my heart melt! people always notice my hair more when i do them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your restyle posts, if you lived in cleveland Id ask you to come do my hair and makeup for my wedding because I'm def going a vintage lace and red lipstick look, still trying to figure out the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hairstyle's! I actually tried a few the other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Disastrousjane ~ I love those lines too! I couldn't find for sure the Benefit was a cruelty free company, until I know that for sure, I will forgo their products :( I do love a lot of what they have to offer though

    Alex Jae ~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of vintage lace and red lipstick for a wedding! One of my dear friends is getting married next year and we have had the best time styling her for her Big Day. Be sure to check out thepeppermintpretty on etsy because she has some KILLER wedding dresses and she is local to KC. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks I'll do that!! I'm excited because my soon to be husband LOVES vintage looking things, and so do I, it works well and i'm excited to experiment for the next 11 months!

    ReplyDelete