Spotlight Interview ~ Melissa Evans from Retro Vixen!

 In my second Spotlight Interview, I selected a really wonderful lady with an amazing local Kansas City Store, Retro Vixen.

This is probably one of my very favorite stores in Kansas City, well actually, probably one of my favorite stores ever.  They carry a great line of clothing, shoes and handbags all with the "retro" style and feel.  I have scored some really great key pieces from this store along with vintage inspired handbags and jewelry.

Where are you from? Ventura California, moved to L.A. after High School.

How did you get your store started?
It started when I was helping Nikki Moreno of Vixen Pin Up Photography teach her Pin Up 101 class, and I did a segment on fashion, and where to shop locally. During my research I noticed there weren't many stores that catered to that " pin up girl" or someone who likes a more modern retro fashion. I felt that was a perfect time to offer a store to all the ladies in Kansas City.

What inspires you? All the starlets of the 1940's and 1950's. Without them we wouldn't have a certain look or fashion we strive for.

How long have you been open and what is some of your favorite items?
Opened in June 2010. My favorite item is all the fantastic shoes by Bordello and Pin Up Couture. My second favorite item are the Lux De Ville handbags.

What celebrity would you most like to wear your items? I'll put one in past and present. Past-Jayne Mansfield. Present- Christina Hendricks. Oh, and 1950's Barbie ;)

if you had to use only one word to describe yourself, what would it be
? Caring

what is your biggest pet peeve? Letting someone over in your lane and them not "giving the wave"

what are your favorite websites?
FaceBook ( ugh, I know), All my vendors, Fail Blog, HGTV, YouTube ( makeup and hair tutorials)

what is your dream job?
Exactly what I'm doing.

what would people be surprised to learn about you? I'm a home body, I hardly go out. 

Additionally, if you mention this blog, you will receive 10% off your purchase!

What a great way to add some spring time florals or summertime flair to your wardrobe!


 Stay Sweet,
Kem

4 comments:

  1. Oh why don't they have a store like this close to me...because I would be BROKE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they ship! And Melissa is so super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I love Melissa too! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Love Melissa to! Everyone get your booties to Retro Vixen asap!

    ReplyDelete