Spotlight Interview ~ French Market Stitch

 My first Spotlight Interview is from an amazing seamstress/costume designer our of the fabulous New Orleans.  I stumbled upon her Etsy shop, French Market Stitch, when looking for something 'circusy' to wear for on upcoming photo shoot.  Well, little did I know, I had found the be all, end all of corset design! 

 


I love to support etsy-ians and thing that it is an amazing community!  Please stop by her shop and check her out! She is super sweet and is pretty bad-ass when it comes to whipping up a corset with some serious construction!

 Spotlight Interview:
 Where are you from?
1) I'm from Los Angeles originally but moved to New Orleans about 3 years ago.

How did you get your etsy store started?
2) One year in New Orleans, for Halloween, I wanted a burlesque costume. So I looked and looked online for something that I liked, but couldn't find anything that I loved and that was affordable. So I made my own and that's how it all started.

What inspires you?

3) This city is incredible and has always inspired me. I love the beautiful decay of the city, it's so romantic. The gas lanterns, the old Absinthe house, the music on the streets.

How long have you been creating these fabulous items?

4) I started making my mini top hats about 2 years ago and the costume came later. I've been making the corset costumes for a little over a year now.

What celebrity would you most like to wear your costumes?
5) Well, I would be incredibly honored if Dita Von Teese ever wore one of the costumes

If you had to use only one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
6) sweet

What is your biggest pet peeve?
7) My biggest pet peeve are people that are totally unaware of their actions and how they affect others.

What is your favorite website(s)?
8) I love my personal Yahoo page. But if you meant a shopping website, that would be Anthropology

What is your dream job?
9) I would love to work with exotic animals in a wildlife preserve

What would people be surprised to know about you?
10) I used to handle wolves and coyotes and educate people on the importance of coexisting with native wildlife.

Stay Sweet,
Kem

No comments:

Post a Comment