Makeout Mondays~ Things I love this week!

1. Big Brothers Big Sisters of KC!  I am on my way to becoming a Big Sister!  I have finished my home visit, all applications, and am now waiting for my match.  This is so great and really, I am very, very excited!
2.  My return to love of 90's artists.  I have sirius satelite radio and I love the 90's on 9 channel.  With this realization, I have re-visited my CD collection and have fell in love with Fiona Apple all over again!

 

3.  Shoe Dazzle.  This site is amazing.  My friend Amy told me about this and it is a way to get some fantastic shoes mailed to you (better than bills) every month.  The shoes are very "on-trend" and you get a large selection to pick each month.  First, you will fill out a style questionnaire and from that the site will generate your "style".  It is pretty close to perfect.  They also sell handbags and jewelry, but it is the shoes that I am after!  If you are interested, shop around this site through this link so that I may get credit.  It is free to look and you always have to option to opt out if you don't want to purchase anything.

4.  Hot Chocolate.  Since we are buried in snow in Kansas City right now (yes, it is snowing as I type) I cannot help but want to curl up next to the fireplace with a cup of homemade hot cocoa.  Below is one of my favorite recipes:
  • 4 Cups milk
  • 3 TB. granulated white sugar
  • 3 tsp. COCOA POWDERED - we like NATURAL COCOA, but many folks use DUTCH COCOA, so either one will be fine.
  • 3 dashes PURE VANILLA EXTRACT
  • 3 pinches SWEET CHINA CINNAMON
  • mini marshmallows to taste
  • 4 or 6" CINNAMON STICKS for stirring
Combine milk, sugar, DUTCH or NATURAL COCOA POWDER, PURE VANILLA EXTRACT and SWEET CHINA CINNAMON in a medium sized heavy-bottomed saucepan.  Whisk or stir briskly to dissolve COCOA into milk.  Warm over medium-low heat until steaming, stirring frequently.  Pour into mugs, top with mini-marshmallows, use peppermint sticks or long cinnamon sticks for stirrers, serve with cookies. (SOURCE)



No comments:

Post a Comment