Makeout Mondays! ~ Things I love this week

1. Axxim Manicures.  You all know that I work for an orthodontist, right?  Well, if you didn't, now you know.  That means all day I am washing my hands and taking off and putting on gloves.  With this is mind, I know a manicure is a waste of time and money because in one glove change all my money went, literally, right down the drain.  The great thing about axxim is that it lasts until you want to change it.  It is a gel base paint that is put on and cured via UV lights and is not going anywhere.  Even if you wash your hands 5000 times a day, still super cute after 2 weeks.

My fav local spot to get this is at Polished in Kansas City.  Its a cute salon located in the Power & Light District, plus there is a Latte Land just a couple of stores down.

2.  Black Swan.  Holy Crap, have you seen this movie? If you haven't, where have you been?  Go see it, even if you don't like ballet, or dance, or movies about ballet and dance.


3.  The sensationalism of the news in Kansas City.  Yes, news media, I know that it is going to snow.  It is January for crying out loud.  I live in the midwest, it snows here in the winter.  I don't think I need to be told every 10 seconds that I need to "take cover!" or "go stock up on groceries!" Katie Horner, I know this, please move on to something more valid! Geez Louise!


4.  Trench Coat, with an edge.  I am desperately seeking for a trench coat for spring.  But, I want one with a little edge, or a little swing.  Here are a few styles I am loving.

What is the one item you are coveting for spring?  Maybe if we all wish hard enough the snow will pass!

Stay Sweet
Kem

1 comment:

  1. I've seen Black Swan, it's a very interesting and a different kind of movie... That's all I have to say about it.

    ReplyDelete