My new adventure

After much consideration, Tim and I have decided to be a Big Brother and Big Sister.  By family origin we already are, but by choice we are joining the Big Brothers and Big Sisters of KC Organization.  I am actually pretty excited to be doing this.

 Tim and I made the decision to not have children, so I think this is a great way to add some true responsibility to our lives, as well as give back to the community.  Shortly out of high school I helped on several mission trips and was always drawn to helping the community with inner city youth.

The application process is slightly intense, but I understand why.  Tonight I get to attend the volunteer orientation and cannot wait to report back as to what it will be like.

I am still in the very beginning phase of approval, but can't wait to get started.

1 comment:

  1. yay for you Kem! that sounds great! you will be such a great Big Sister. *high five*

    ReplyDelete