La Dolce Vita III

Last year, late in the summer, I stumbled upon an idea that has grown into a new lifestyle choice.  I was reading an article on things you can do to lift the spirits of others.  I am in no way a martyr, or am I trying to pat my own back, but I have to admit, that while this idea is small, it can make a great impact in someones life.

Think about your own personal trip to the mailbox everyday.  You pilfer through piles of sales ads, junk mail, bills, netflix dvds, etc.  There is never anything in the mail that makes you smile, or lifts your day.  The basis of this article was simply each month write one small note or letter to someone in your family, or friends list, that you don't get to talk to often.

I have been doing this for well over a year, and I would like to think that when these particular people open their mail, it makes them smile.

One of my dear friends, Laura, and I have been "pen pals" for going on 5 years now, and I love getting little notes or photos, or small gifts from her in the mail.  It is exciting, and personal all at the same time.

I think this is a great idea and would encourage everyone to give it a try.  Even if it is just to one person you know. 

A wonderful place to get some beautiful paper or stationary, right here in Kansas City, is the Paper Source.

1 comment:

  1. I love getting letters in the mail. It makes me smile inside :) When I lived in VA I would write to my friends and I miss doing that. I need to find myself a pen pal.

    ReplyDelete